Pest control is a necessary expense for many homeowners. Not only can pests cause damage to your home, but they can also be harmful to your health. The average cost of pest control varies depending on the type of service you need and the size of your home, as well as your location. In this blog post, we’ll go over the different types of pest control services you may need and how much pest control typically costs.
Average Costs for Pest Control Services
There are many factors that help determine how much pest control services can cost. The average cost for a one-time pest control service can be anywhere between $100 and $600. This price varies depending on the size of your home and the type of pests you have.
For example, if you have a small home and just need general pest control, like a spray around your house for maintenance to keep pests away, the cost will be on the lower end. If you have a larger home or need more specialized services, such as wasp or rodent removal, termite control, or new construction pretreatment, the cost will go up.
Many pest control services are available on an ongoing plan where a technician will come to your home or business on a scheduled timeframe—monthly, bimonthly, every 6 months, etc. Choosing an ongoing plan may be cheaper in the long run if you have a serious pest problem and plan on hiring pest control services often.
Factors that Affect Cost of Pest Control
If you’re wondering how much pest control costs, it’s not usually as simple as a flat rate. There are many factors that go into determining how much pest control services will cost. Here are a few of those factors:
- Type of service
- Frequency of service
- Type of pest(s)
- Type of treatment
- Size of house/property
- Severity of infestation
- Experience/skills of the provider
Different Types of Pest Control Services
There are many different types of pest control services available. Here are some different types that may determine how much your pest control services cost.
- Residential Pest Control: Residential pest control services are for individual family homes. It may be worth it to pay a little more for scheduled residential pest control at intervals to help prevent your home from being infested with unwanted critters.
- Commercial Pest Control: Effective commercial pest control solutions are designed to combat your pest issues to help uphold your good standing while keeping your patrons safe. Regular pest inspections are often recommended or required for businesses, and using professional pest control services can help your business stay free from insects and other pests.
- Preventative Pest Control: This can be a great option for both residential and commercial properties. Paying for preventative pest control can be cheaper in the long run and help you avoid costly repairs from pests.
- Green Pest Control: With green pest control, experts go straight to the source of your pest problem and offer you safe, efficient, and eco-friendly solutions to eliminate and prevent infestations. This is a good option if you’re highly sensitive to harsh chemicals or if you have pets that other pest control solutions may pose a danger to. Check with your provider to see if they offer any green solutions for pest control.
- New Construction: Treating wood for termites before construction starts can help you defend against possible issues in the future. We can do a soil pre-treatment before the concrete foundation is poured or we can treat while your home framing is exposed during the construction process, as termites frequently dwell where there is a high concentration of moisture and dampness.
Contact Patriot Pest Control
If you’re interested in learning more about pest control services for your home or business, or if you need help with a specific pest issue, contact Patriot Pest Control. We offer a variety of services to meet your needs and can create a custom plan for your home or business.